Friday, December 19, 2008

Credit Cards for Christmas

On Monday I was asking Lexi what she thought Santa would be bringing her for Christmas. She sat there for a second and then she said, "I don't know but I know what I want." She went on to tell me that she wants a credit card. I asked her if she meant like a gift card and she said yes. I asked her why she wanted a card. She told me she wanted to buy stuff for people. Then I got thinking maybe she wanted to buy Trevin, Shawn, and me a present so maybe I should give her some Christmas money to go shopping. I asked her who she wanted to buy stuff for and she told me probably the most heart felt sweet thing I have ever heard. She said, "I want to buy cans of food for poor people who have no money to buy food." I wanted to break down in tears right then. I am so happy that she has such a kind heart. I hope I can be the same way. My little seven year old is a wonderful example of Christ like love to everyone.

3 comments:

Holbrook's said...

You know great kids come from great parents...

Anna said...

Thanks Liz

Kristina said...

That is so great! What a special girl she is. I wouldn't be surprised if you guys made a donation trip to the foodbank sometime soon! :)

slide show from Bear Lake